The Mirage Cadet Induction Range 59300 series by Vollrath will be a great addition or even a substitution to other commercial cooktops in your kitchen. This unit is ideal for home cooking as well as outdoor buffet lines, omelet stations, catered events, convention displays and cooking demonstrations. The mere 10 lbs weight makes it ideal to carry around easily. Also, check out the Vollrath Mirage Pro 14 inch model variant as well if you prefer a sizable cooktop.
The makers of this unit, “Vollrath“ is one of the few companies that sells kitchen products with all its parts designed and built in their own plants, rather than assembling products that are imported from China.CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
About the Product
The unit is given a black cooktop surface with stainless steel sides. All the buttons are green in color. All the controls are placed in the front, which is angled to face the user. This gives the controls a longer life, unlike flat cooktops, where the controls may get scorched due to heat from utensils. The controls include the power button, an increment and decrement button, power/temperature mode select, and a timer button. A small display is provided to show the value selected.
All the controls are plain button type, which has to be pressed (instead of a touch).
- The 59300 model induction cooktop by Vollrath has a width of 12”, depth of 16”, and a height of 3 ⅛”.
- Though the cooktop diameter is 12”, the unit has a coil that is curled about 8” across, including the hub. This coil generates a hotspot in a diameter of 4.5” to 5” in the middle of the cooktop surface. The outer circle drawn in white represents the cooktop diameter which is 10” in size. This is ample enough to heat a 12″ induction compatible cookware.
- The cooktop surface has a layer of glass covered ceramic which makes it smooth enough to clean and place cookwares. This surface is further framed by a standard 18/8 stainless steel. This standard is high enough to resist the unit from corrosion.
- The front panel is covered by a tough material that makes it resistant from wear and tear and apt for commercial and home purposes.
- The unit has a wattage of 1800 Watts, and a specification of 120 Volts, 15 Amps and 60 Hertz.
- The unit has four legs (½” in height) to keep the cooktop raised from the floor. The power cord has a length of 6 feet and the plug used is the three pronged (grounded) type.
- The cooktop has 20 different power levels and has a temperature range between 100 and 410 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The timer function has a range between 1 minute to a maximum of 180 minutes, all set in full minute increments. As soon as the countdown concludes, the unit beeps three times and then shuts down.
- Although most of the units have a noisy fan, this unit does not have a heavy one. Though this device may not be completely silent, the noise if fairly bearable. But the problem is that the fan motor is rated only for 20,000 hours. This may sound like there is plenty of life. This rating is provided to work in ideal conditions (absence of smoke, food residue, obstructions). A use of such a unit for commercial purposes will surely consume 5000 hours of this cooktop in 2 to 3 years. Use of this unit in poor, unhygienic conditions will not give the fan a life of more than 5000 hours. So make sure that the surrounding, as well as the unit, is clean after cooking.
Most user reviews suggest that they are completely satisfied with the product. The rugged design, the plain but easy to use buttons, the ideal cooking temperatures, and the fast cooking have all been complemented by the users. However, one user was concerned regarding a dedicated 15 Amp wiring needed separately for the unit. The unit was kind of trouble shooting when he tried to boil water in high temperatures. The advice he got for overcoming this was to place a 15 Amp wired connection for the device. If so, this kind of wiring is provided mostly or commercial buildings rather than residential ones.