People cook food mainly for two reasons: One reason would be for the fun of it, and the other is because you have to! Either way, cooking can be made simpler when you have the right cooking tools. One of the main appliance used for cooking is the cooking stove. Though there are conventional methods to cook, like the electric and gas stove, we are going to discuss about the induction stove, as it is known to be the safest, most efficient and least expensive mode of cooking.
If you are looking out for a cooktop to add to your kitchen, then here is the review for one of the best induction based cooktops of all time – The NuWave 30602 Double Precision Induction Cooktop (PIC). This model manufactured by NuWave is given a bold black color altogether, with control panel at the bottom of the cooktop.
The PIC 30602 model gives you a cooking experience that you will never forget. As the name suggests, all kinds of food can be cooked in the exact temperature that is needed, and is thus precise. This is one of the reasons why all the competitor models fails to succeed, when compared to this. Another reason would be the two cooktops instead of one at such an affordable price (Please visit Amazon to know the current price).CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
Along with double burners, Nuwave has single burner cooktops like the PIC model, PIC with 14.5″, PIC2 with Grill, 30101 model, Titanium model and the PIC Pro model. All these products have been reviewed in detail with all the features and specifications. Check it out.
About the Product
The double burner cooktop is rectangular in shape, with all the control buttons in the front. Each burner is given its own control panel, with some common controls for both of them as well. All the control keys are built with touch sensors. Both the burners have inner diameters of 8 inches, and outer diameters of 9 inches. Both are marked with the help of white circles on the burners. Unofficially, a pan as large as 12” in diameter can be used to cook on the surface, as the heat is distributed uniformly over the surface. The whole unit runs on 120 Volts, with a maximum output power of 1800 Watts. Each burner has the following touch controls:
- Increment and Decrement
- Low, Medium Low, Medium, Medium High, High, Max/Sear Buttons
- Program Button
- Stage Button
- Cook Temperature
- Cook Time
- End Time
- 0-9 Buttons
- 1800 Watts
This is the only double burner induction stove with so many touch keys. The whole product has a 1 year warranty cover. Each burner is provided with a display unit that provides the info on what kind of settings are selected and their corresponding values.
- This double burner cooktop has an overall dimension of 26 x 18 x 12 inches and has a weight of 16 pounds (17.6 pounds shipping weight).
- The cooktop surface is coated with a glass finishing, so that it can be cleaned and maintained easily. The glass surface is also heat resistant, that adds more safety while cooking.
- One of the main features of this cooktop is the 6 different pre-programmed temperature buttons that are provided for both the burners. The temperature range is between 100 degrees Fahrenheit and 575 degrees Fahrenheit. There are 94 different temperature levels, with an increment/decrement of 5 degrees. The Low button provides a temperature of 100 degrees, while the low medium button provides a temperature of 175 degrees. The medium button provides a temperature of 275 degrees, and the medium high works in 375 degrees. The high buttons provides a temperature of 425 degrees and the maximum temperature that the device can provide is 575 degrees Fahrenheit. Cooking certain foods with precise temperature can be done easily on this cooktop.
- Another feature of this device is the 2 hour program function which can be used to keep the food warm at a temperature of 155 degrees F for a time of 2 hours.
- The minimum output power of the device is 900 Watts. And the maximum power is 1800 Watts. You can attain the maximum power for the device by pressing the ‘1800W’ button.
- An automatic stop feature has been provided for the device, so that overheating due to temperature rise above a certain level can be stopped. This protects the device from overheating, and the food from getting overcooked.
- An over voltage and under voltage protection is provided in the device to avoid damages due to both voltage extremes.
- A cookware recognition sensor is also in-built with this cooktop. This sensor identifies whether the cookware on the cooktop is induction compatible. If not, the device is automatically shut down. The same process happens if no cookware is detected. Please make sure that you use induction compatible utensils for cooking.
Even though most of the reviews are positive, some of them have expressed some cons in using the device. One of the negative comment suggests the short length of power cord (3 foot long). This seems so short that the power switch cannot be kept far away from the induction stove. Another con was the unavailability of the lock feature. The lock feature can be used to lock the whole device from accidentally changing the settings, by just a simple press of the lock button.
But, other reviews suggest that the double burner is one of the best option for everyday cooking. A comment says that the product works like two different stoves, with separate control panels, that makes cooking very easy. When comparing this model to others, this one works by degrees, while most of the other cooktops works by changing watts. Most of the customers were happy by the five degree changes in temperature that makes cooking precise.