The True Induction TI-1B Model Single Burner Induction Cooktop is known for its unique design that makes it capable of both portability as well as a countertop installed device. In its segment, there is no other cooktop with such a feature. This helps in bringing a certain style and finish to your kitchen countertop. In addition to the amazing design, this cooktop is stuffed with superb features that makes it a must buy for all who are looking for a fast, safe and efficient mode of cooking. This model is strictly a household model and is not designed to cook outdoors. This model is also known to be highly efficient as very little heat is dissipated from the cooktop. Let us look in detail about the product specifications, and its additional features.CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
About the Product
The TI-1B model cooktop has a rectangular shape with the cooktop upper surfaCe having an extra length and width than the lower metallic case. This upper extension is provided to install the whole product on a countertop to make it fixed. The cooktop surface can include cookwares with a base diameter of 10”. The place where the cookware is to be placed is marked by two white circles. The bigger circle is shown to represent the maximum diameter of the cookware base, while the smaller circle represents the minimum size of the cookware base (4.5”).
Please make sure that the cookware used has a base that is made of ferromagnetic materials.If you do not have a cookware that sticks to a magnet buy one along with this cooktop at Amazon at affordable rates.
The whole device is given a cool black finish with the control buttons placed at the bottom end. All the controls can be selected with a quick touch. The controls include a timer button, temperature button, a heat button, and a power button. An plus and minus button is also placed on both sides of a display. When each setting is selected, a red light turns ON on the side of the display, indicating that particular setting (heat, temperature, timer). The values can be changed using the plus and minus controls.
- The TI-1B model has an overall length of 15 inches, width of 12 inches, and an overall height of 2 ½ inches. This small size makes it very easy to carry around.
- The wattage rating of this device is 1600 Watts. It runs on a standard 120 Volts/60 Hertz.
- The cooktop surface is made of ceramic glass, which makes it easier to clean and maintain. It also gives an additional beauty to the whole cooktop.
- The heat setting key is provided with 10 different heat levels. Each level can be changed by pressing the “+/-” keys. When the device is turned On, the default value of heat setting will be level 5. This is displayed on the display screen.
- The temperature function key, when selected will have a preset value of 270 degree Fahrenheit. The minimum value of temperature that can be selected is 150 degrees and the maximum temperature is 450 degrees. There are 10 different temperature values, which can be changed using the “+/-” button. They have values with increments of 30 degrees. The different temperatures are 150, 180, 210, 240, 270, 300, 330, 360, 390, 420, and 450 degrees.
- Once, the heat and temperature values are set, select the timer button to set the time for cooking the desired food. At default, the reading of the timer will be 0. The total range of the timer is between 0 and 150 minutes with an interval of 1 minute. Once the timer is set, the cooking starts, and the countdown also begins. The countdown is displayed minute-by-minute in the display. Once the countdown reaches 0, the unit makes a beep, and turns into standby mode. The standby mode is recognized by the “EE” display, followed by a sound. To continue cooking, press the heat and temperature controls again. The timer values can be changed even in between the cooking process. The heat and temperature settings can also be changed after that timer is set. The built-in memory of the device can store a fixed heat and temperature value and maintains it for the next cooking.
- The device is provided with an exhaust vent at the bottom side of the device. Please make sure to identify it correctly and to not block it while cooking. All the excess heat that is produced by the device is flushed out through this vent. Blocking it may bring serious damage to the device.
- Different error codes are programmed to the device to be displayed during certain errors. This is provided for the user to rectify the problem and restart cooking in the normal way. Some of the error codes are given below:
- E1 – This error code is displayed when the operating voltage rating is below 95V.
- E2 – This error code is displayed when the operating voltage rating is above 145V.
- E3 – This device may be damaged. Contact the seller for support.
- E4 – This device may be damaged. Contact the seller for support.
- E5 – This device may be damaged. Contact the seller for support.
- E6 – This error signal indicates that the cooking temperature is above 450 degrees in the temperature mode. After such an error is displayed, the device goes to standby within 3 minutes, and then turns off. You can then restart again and cook.
- E7 – This error code denotes that the ventilation area is being blocked by something that restricts air flow out of the device. This causes the device to heat up pretty bad. As soon as this error is een, turn off the device, and turn it on only after the heat has subsided. Also, make sure that the ventilation area is not blocked,
- EE – This error signal denotes that the device has been on for 150 minutes. The device goes to standby mode, and should be turned off and then restart to continue using it.
- Another error code is in the form of a beep sound at standby mode. This represents that the cookware used at the surface is malfunctioned. It may either not be induction compatible, or the pan bottom may be small or uneven.
All the users are completely satisfied by this product. All praises are for its beautiful look and the easy to use control functions. Fast cooking time, and the warranty period of 2 years is well acknowledged. Most induction cooktops only provide a warranty of 1 year.