Are you looking for a double burner induction cooktop that is compact, portable, and lightweight? If so, try the new True Induction MD-2B Mini Duo Double Burner Induction Cooktop, which is not only portable, but can also be installed on the countertop without losing much space. Being the most compact double burner induction cooktop, this product is ideal for homes that have very little space to spare in the kitchen. By placing it on the countertop, the kitchen gets a neat look, and the countertop becomes more stylish because of the flat paneled, blackish induction top.
Apart from the stunning design, this model is also known for its low power consumption and easy operating modes. Both the burners are very powerful and heats up cookwares very quickly. They also have a power sharing technology, which will be reviewed in detail later in this article.CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
Other double burner models provided by True Induction include the S2F2 and S2F3. The company also has a single burner model (TI-1B) and a triple burner model (TI-3B). They are reviewed in detail, so that you get a clear idea of what to buy.
About the Product
The MD-2B Mini Duo model has a rectangular shape with separate controls placed on the bottom of each burner. All the controls are touch sensitive, and have been built with the “EX Control” technology. This makes the controls easy to operate, with a quick response when compared to all other brands.
The power cord is placed behind the device, and is 3 feet long.
There are two burners – the left and right burner. Both of them have two white circles drawn on them to recognise it. The outer circle diameter represents the maximum size of the cookware base that can be placed on the countertop. The inner one represents the minimum cookware base. The outer circle has a diameter of 10” and the inner has a diameter of 4.5”.
The touch buttons are separate for both the heating elements. The buttons includes different controls like options display unit, Increment (+) key, decrement (-) key, menu key, timer control key, child safety lock, and the power button key.
The cookwares used on the cooktop must be induction compatible. That is, the bottom of the pan in touch with the cooktop must be made of magnetic materials. No pot or pan is provided with this device, so make sure that you have the right utensils after buying this.
- The MD-2B Mini Duo model has a length of 14.1”, a width of 20.5”, and a height of 2.2”. The product weight is 15 pounds, and the shipping weight is 25 pounds.
- The product has a power rating of 1800 Watts, and a voltage rating of 220 Volts/60 Hertz.
- The top surface of the induction hob is made of a single piece of glass ceramic material, which gives it a sleek look. This also makes the product easy to clean after its use. All that is needed is the wipe of a damp cloth throughout the whole body. The rest of the body is finished in metal.
- The cooktop can be placed on a countertop and made portable, or can also be kept as a drop-in equipment. Please make sure that the air ventilation gaps are not blocked.This may cause the heat to build up inside the device, and cause permanent damage to the device.
- The menu button is used to toggle between the power and temperature controls. By pressing each time the option changes in the display. The power option has a total of 10 levels. Each power level can be changed using the +/- signs on the cooktop. The minimum power level is 100 Watts and the maximum power level is 1800 Watts. The power levels in between are 300, 500, 700, 900, 1100, 1300, 1500, 1700, 1800 Watts. The default power setting is 900 Watts.
- By pressing the menu button, the temperature mode is selected, and the preset value of 460 degrees Fahrenheit is selected. There are 9 different temperature levels starting from a minimum of 120 degrees F. The other intermediate temperatures are 150 degrees, 180 degrees, 210 degrees, 260 degrees, 300 degrees, 360 degrees, 420 degrees and a final temperature of 460 degrees F.
- The most unique feature of this device is the power sharing technology, that makes cooking on both the heating elements versatile. The total power of the burners being 1800 Watts, they have a sharing power of 900 Watts each. But, when only one burner is used, it can utilize a maximum of 1800 Watts. This helps the consumer in providing high power in cooking special foods.
- When the timer button is pressed, the device displays a default value of “00”. Please note that there is no seconds or hours displayed on the device. All the time will be entered in minutes format. If you need the cooking time of 1 hour and five minutes, you will have to enter it as 65 minutes using the “+/-” key. As soon as a desired time is selected, keeping the “=/-” key idle for 10 seconds automatically starts the countdown for the pre-selected time, power and temperature.
- The lock button is provided as a child safety button to prevent accidental changes of any settings, except the power key. The manual lock mode is activated by pressing the lock key to lock the controls. The automatic lock mode is activated as soon as the device is turned off.
- A hot surface indicator is used to warn the user that the surface of the cooktop is still hot enough to stay from touching it. The heat produced will not be by the product, but by the heated pan bottom. The display shows an “H” symbol to represent this mode.
- Different error codes are integrated to the device to warn the user of faultiness that may have been caused by the user or the device. All the error codes are displayed for the user to see. They are explained below:
>> E0 – This error code is displayed when the device is overheated. Make sure the air vent is not blocked. Turn off the device for some time to correct the error.
>> E1 – No cookware detected on the cooktop surface. Error may also be displayed if the cookware placed is not induction compatible.
>> E2 – Supply voltage is too low. Turn off the device and check the supply mains.
>> E3 – Supply voltage spiked up or too high. Turn off the device and check the supply mains.
>> E7, E8, E9 , EE – Break off or short circuit indicator. Turn the device off and shut off the power at the fuse or circuit breaker for 30 seconds. If after turning on again, the device shows error, call for service.View More features of True Induction MD-2B Induction Cooktop
All the customers are pleased with its compact size, and operating speed. The controls are very easy to grasp and use. The user manual explains every slight details very well. Buying this double burner cooktop is really worth its price. The only negative review is that as the surface is black in color, the surface has to be cleaned in detail to give it a clean and tidy look.