The Mirage Cadet Induction Range 59300 series by Vollrath will be a great addition or even a substitution to other commercial cooktops in your kitchen. This unit is ideal for home cooking as well as outdoor buffet lines, omelet stations, catered events, convention displays and cooking demonstrations. The mere 10 lbs weight makes it ideal to carry around easily. Also, check out the Vollrath Mirage Pro 14 inch model variant as well if you prefer a sizable cooktop.
The makers of this unit, “Vollrath“ is one of the few companies that sells kitchen products with all its parts designed and built in their own plants, rather than assembling products that are imported from China.
CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
About the Product
The unit is given a black cooktop surface with stainless steel sides. All the buttons are green in color. All the controls are placed in the front, which is angled to face the user. This gives the controls a longer life, unlike flat cooktops, where the controls may get scorched due to heat from utensils. The controls include the power button, an increment and decrement button, power/temperature mode select, and a timer button. A small display is provided to show the value selected.
All the controls are plain button type, which has to be pressed (instead of a touch).
View More Features of Vollrath Mirage Cadet Induction Cooktop
- The 59300 model induction cooktop by Vollrath has a width of 12”, depth of 16”, and a height of 3 ⅛”.
- Though the cooktop diameter is 12”, the unit has a coil that is curled about 8” across, including the hub. This coil generates a hotspot in a diameter of 4.5” to 5” in the middle of the cooktop surface. The outer circle drawn in white represents the cooktop diameter which is 10” in size. This is ample enough to heat a 12″ induction compatible cookware.
- The cooktop surface has a layer of glass covered ceramic which makes it smooth enough to clean and place cookwares. This surface is further framed by a standard 18/8 stainless steel. This standard is high enough to resist the unit from corrosion.
- The front panel is covered by a tough material that makes it resistant from wear and tear and apt for commercial and home purposes.
- The unit has a wattage of 1800 Watts, and a specification of 120 Volts, 15 Amps and 60 Hertz.
- The unit has four legs (½” in height) to keep the cooktop raised from the floor. The power cord has a length of 6 feet and the plug used is the three pronged (grounded) type.
- The cooktop has 20 different power levels and has a temperature range between 100 and 410 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The timer function has a range between 1 minute to a maximum of 180 minutes, all set in full minute increments. As soon as the countdown concludes, the unit beeps three times and then shuts down.
- Although most of the units have a noisy fan, this unit does not have a heavy one. Though this device may not be completely silent, the noise if fairly bearable. But the problem is that the fan motor is rated only for 20,000 hours. This may sound like there is plenty of life. This rating is provided to work in ideal conditions (absence of smoke, food residue, obstructions). A use of such a unit for commercial purposes will surely consume 5000 hours of this cooktop in 2 to 3 years. Use of this unit in poor, unhygienic conditions will not give the fan a life of more than 5000 hours. So make sure that the surrounding, as well as the unit, is clean after cooking.
Most user reviews suggest that they are completely satisfied with the product. The rugged design, the plain but easy to use buttons, the ideal cooking temperatures, and the fast cooking have all been complemented by the users. However, one user was concerned regarding a dedicated 15 Amp wiring needed separately for the unit. The unit was kind of trouble shooting when he tried to boil water in high temperatures. The advice he got for overcoming this was to place a 15 Amp wired connection for the device. If so, this kind of wiring is provided mostly or commercial buildings rather than residential ones.
The Max Burton 6500 Model ProChef Induction Cooktop is mainly meant for commercial purposes. Max Burton has another model, that is used for commercial purposes, the Max Burton 6530 model ProChef induction cooktop. When comparing the 6530 model to the 6500 model, the former has a high power of 3000 Watts compared to the latter which can attain a maximum power of no more than 1800 Watts. Thus, the intermediate power levels have also been reduced. The 6500 model can be useful for making huge meals for catering purposes, or parties where food is to be made for large amount of people. The only difference is in the heating power, where slow cooking is possible in this model than the 6530 model. There will not be any kind of scorching. This unit is very safe to use, and hence is ideal for use in a dorm or assisted living facility as a main cooking appliance.
CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
Apart from this, there are other models of Max Burton which have the same power rating aof 1800 Watts. The difference is in the shape, size and base diameter, along with different control features. Some of these models are reviewed in detail for you to check out and select according to your wish. Some of them are the 6050 model, 6015 model (both of them come with an interface disk), 6400 Digital Choice, 6200 Deluxe and the Max Burton 6000 model.
About the Product
The Max Burton ProChef 6500 Model Induction cooktop has a rectangular top burner with pressing button controls placed on the front panel extension. The buttons include the ON/OFF switch, heating, temperature and timing function buttons, function lock button and the Up and Down arrow keys to change the values of each function. All the values will be displayed on the LED Display. The unit runs on 120 Volts-15 Amps with a frequency of 60 Hz. A power cord 6 ft long is provided with this unit. The product complies to ETL-US standards (UL Standard 197) and is NSF-4 approved. Only induction compatible cookwares can be used on the burner. any cookware bottom that is magnetic can be used on the cooktop. All types of utensils can be used if an induction interface disk is also bought along with this model. If so, utensils made of copper, aluminium and non-magnetic stainless steel can also be used. This will also eliminate the need to replace existing cookware. The operating efficiency will solely depend on the type of cookware used, size and efficiency of the heat transfer. Since the cooktop is made of glass, it is very easy to clean after use.
View More Features of Max Burton 6500 ProChef Induction Cooktop
- The 6500 model Max Burton Induction Cooktop has a dimension of 17.3 x 13.3 x 4.8 inches and weighs 11 pounds. The glass cooktop has a dimension of 11 x 11 inches.
- The cooktop is made from high quality materials and has complied with all the specifications needed for electronic cooking appliances.
- The front panel consists of the heating button which is used to control the output power. The minimum power setting is 500 Watts and the maximum is 1800 Watts. There are 7 intermediate levels.
- The temperature range is between 100 degrees Fahrenheit and 464 degrees. There are 10 intermediate temperature settings.
- The timer button is provided to cook dishes in a desired time. By pressing the timer button it can be activated. The up and down arrows can be used to increase and decrease the timing. From 0 to 30 an interval of 1 minute if provided. From 30 to 170 minutes an interval of 10 minutes is provided. The maximum time setting is 170 minutes. This mode can be used even when either of the heating and temperature modes are on. The timer mode can also be used to turn off the cooktop while switching back and forth between the other two modes.
- An additional function lock button is also available with this unit. This button helps in stopping accidental changes in temperature or heating power values. By a long press on the button, you can also avoid the unit from being accidentally turning off between cooking.
- The Max Burton 6500 Model ProChef cooktop is equipped with an improper voltage supply detection. The unit detects an increase or decrease in the supply voltage and automatically shuts down the device to prevent more problems. an overheat sensor is also provided to shutdown the device due to excessive surface temperature due to improper cooking methods.
The customer reviews suggest that the cooktop can handle fast heating precisely at high temperatures and high power. At the same time, slow cooking is also possible at low temperatures, and no type of scorching will ever occur at low powers. Since the heating burner is 11 x 11 inches of dimension, a maximum of 12 gallon pot can be easily used to cook food. The affordability, and ease to cook are also mentioned in reviews.
When it comes to commercial cooking, the basic mode of cooking that comes to our mind are electrical and gas types. The time these devices take for installing and the difficulty in transportation should also be considered when choosing such a task. This is where, induction cooktops come to use. Until recently, most people saw induction cooktops as a basic unit for heating refrigerated foods, and making an average sized dish for nuclear families. Those times have changed. Now induction cookers can be used to place huge cookwares that can make food for a whole party. Such units are now being used for commercial purposes like parties, buffets, restaurants, canteens and so on. With these points in mind, we present to you one of the best commercial induction cooktop available in the market today: the Max Burton 6530 model ProChef 3000 Watts commercial induction cooktop. This powerful device is stuffed with a lot of features that will definitely make you say goodbye to all other conventional ways of cooking.
CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
About the Product
The 6530 model contains of a top burner portion and a front extension consisting of all the buttons needed to operate the induction cooktop. The buttons include the ON/OFF power switch, along with the very essential three buttons that control the cooking details of the user – the timer, temperature and heating. All these parameter values can be changed using the UP and DOWN arrows. All the values will be displayed in the LED display. Apart from this a LOCK button is also provided. The device works in the standard electrical rating of 220 volts, 15 Amps, and 60 Hertz frequency. The power cord has a total length of 5 feet. The product is built for North American electrical standards. Due to its sleek shape, the cooktop is easy to clean and reuse soon. When compared to other conventional methods of cooking, the overall size of the induction cooktop is very small and thus is very much portable. The burner is only susceptible to heating “induction compatible cookwares”, that is if the utensil is magnetized by the burner top, that cookware can be used. Any kind of utensil, whose bottom that sticks to a magnet can be used. In this case, metal utensils, except for copper clad and stainless steel ones. Mostly used utensils are iron/steel frying pan, iron pot, iron tray, iron enamelware and so on. Please do not use cookwares with a bottom diameter less than 4 inches. The device can be powered up to 3000 Watts.
View More Features of Max Burton 6530 ProChef Induction Cooktop
- The Max Burton 6530 model 3000 Watts Commercial Induction Cooktop has a weight of 11 pounds and has a physical dimension of 17.3 x 13.3 x 4.8 inches. The whole cooktop body is made up of stainless steel along with durable commercial grade materials.
- The company specification regarding the cookware dimension is 10″. That is, the base of the utensil used must not have a dimension more than 10″. This diameter is encircled in white on the surface of the cooktop surface.
- This model has 13 power levels from a minimum of 500 Watts to a maximum of 3000 Watts. This can be changed by pressing the “Heating” button and then changing the watts using the up and down arrow keys. The default reading will be 1200 Watts.
- Cooking can be done at a desired temperature by selecting the temperature mode. There are 10 different temperature levels starting from 150 degrees Fahrenheit to 464 degrees. The default setting of temperature is 210 degrees. The user can switch between heating and temperature modes any time between operation. Both the heating and temperature modes work independently. The previous setting will be maintained by the cooktop while switching between both modes.
- By pressing the TIMER button on the induction cookware, a red light indicator will turn on at both the places where timer is written on the panel. The timer can be incremented in 1 minute intervals between 0 to 30 and 10 minute increments between 30 to 170. The increments and decrements can be made using the up and down arrow keys. The timer mode can be used in both heating and temperature modes to turn off the cooktop while switching back and forth between modes.
- A function lock button is also provided in the 6350 ProChef model to avoid changes in the temperature or heating settings by accident. It is also provided to avoid turning off the device accidentally during use. All you have to do is press the lock button for 2 seconds. To unlock, turn off and then turn on the device.
- The device is also equipped with overheat sensor and automatic shut-off capability. If an excessive surface temperature is detected by the sensor, the device will automatically shut down to prevent further hazards. This is mainly caused by improper cooking styles or cookware malfunctions. If the input power is too high or too low, the device tends to shut off within 1 minute.
A review says that cooking/boiling is done quickly using the 6530 ProChef model. The review also says that this induction cooktop is worth its price, and is easy to clean. But the cons include the comparison of this model to a gas stove. The slow cooking in gas stove is not the same, when using this cooktop. Without regular stirring most food items tend to scorch a little bit, even at minimum temperatures. A positive suggested that a 12 gallon pot can be easily used for cooking. To conclude, this is the best induction cooktop in its category and is definitely worth the price.
The 6015 model Max Burton induction cooktop is the best product to go for, with added bonuses like light weight, portability, and the interface combination set, which is the best feature of all. The flat shaped, easy to use induction cooktop has enough and more positive reviews, like no other induction cooktop has. We will be reviewing all the product with all the information in detail.
CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
You may also like:
About the Product
The Max Burton 6015 model cooktop is square shaped with the buttons placed at one end for safe use. The maximum power consumption of this device is 1800 Watts. The buttons include the ON/OFF switch, the function button, and the UP arrow and DOWN arrow. The function button is used to change 3 major functions of the induction cooktop: power, temperature and timer settings. Once the desired function is selected, their values can be changed using the UP and DOWN arrow keys. The values selected will be displayed in the LED display. The added bonus is the interface disk combination set along with the induction cooktop. This flat disk can be placed on top of the burner so that any type of cookware can be used to cook, by placing on top of the disk. There will not be any kind of heat loss by such an action. The whole heat will be transferred correctly from the stainless steel disk to the utensil placed for cooking. The disk can be moved using a heat proof handle. The product is most useful for catering purposes, buffets, dorms, and home or assisted living housing. This unit is designed to operate on 110/120 volts and will require 15 amperes of current and 60 Hertz AC.
View More Features of Max Burton 6015 Induction Cooktop
- The Max Burton 6015 model portable induction cooktop weighs a total of 11.3 pounds and has product dimensions of 14 x 14 x 4 inches. The stainless steel disk has a thickness of ½ inches and has other measurements of 8 x 15. Though the overall weight of the cooktop and the disk may feel heavy, it is ideal for party uses, since it is small in dimensions. The diameter of the cooking area is a standard 10 inches, and the entire surface area is 10.5 x 11.5 inches.
- The cooking area has a diameter of 10″ which will be the maximum diameter of the cooking pan base. Since the heat produced due to induction is equally distributed from the surface to the cookware used, the dimensions of the cookware can be a little more bigger.
- The function key, when selected in the power mode can be used to control the power in 10 different levels.
- When the function button is changed to temperature mode, you can select the desired temperature for cooking from a minimum of 140 degrees fahrenheit to a maximum of 450 degrees. There are 10 different temperature levels starting with 100, 150, 210, 250, 280, 320, 360, 390, 430, and at last 450 degree fahrenheit.
- The function button can also be set to timer mode, with a maximum setting of 180 minutes.
- The induction interface disk allows you to use all types of utensils including aluminium, glass, copper, porcelain, and stainless steel.
- The unit is provided with a cookware detection sensor, which automatically turns off the device, if no utensil is kept on top of it for cooking, within a particular period of time.
- The unit is also equipped with a overheat sensor, which turns of the device, if abundant heat is produced due to internal circuitry fails or any other problems.
- As long as a cookware with induction compatibility is used, the cooking process will be fast and smooth. cookwares with a ferrous base that sticks to magnets are all considered induction compatible.
One review says that when an iron based utensil is placed on the cooktop, the temperature will be steady according to the desired settings, and that it doesn’t turn on and off when the set temperature is achieved. A negative review suggests that the in built fan starts to get a little noisy and annoying when the burner is turned on for more than 10 minutes. The user also says that at such an instance, the fan only turns off after 3 minutes of shut down. Another review says that the cooking speed for this unit is incredibly high and that the temperature control for this device is highly responsive. Other reviews suggest the easy controls, sleek design, large cooking area, and many more.
When it comes to kitchen appliances everyone wants to have new and unique items which are easy to use, safe and manages to save time. With the help of technology companies are able to produce so many new products which are not only user friendly and safe but also help reducing the amount of time to spend in the kitchen. One such item is Vollrath Mirage Pro 59500P – 14 Inch Countertop Induction Cooker 1800 Watt – 120 Volt. This is a commercially usable induction cooktop which can also be used for your home. Another commercial variant is the Vollrath 12 inch Mirage Cadet Induction Cooktop, which is compact to use.
CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
The Vollrath Mirage Pro 59500P weighs only 13.64 lbs. making it easier to carry and move around. It measures 3 inch in height, 14 inch in width and 15.25 inch in length making it compact in size and style. It is designed in such a way that will surely grab your attention.
It is made with a 100% framed ceramic top which makes it durable. It has four plastic base legs for a steady grip. The digital push button panel control is angled 45 degree at the front. A bright LED screen is also present at the control panel making it easier to read. A knob control is present in the control panel to make operations simpler.
Wide Range Of Temperature Levels
This machine can produce heat with temperatures ranging from 80 degree Fahrenheit to 400 degree Fahrenheit, which in Celsius scale is 20 degree Celsius to 204 Degree Celsius. Yes, the temperature unit can be changed and is displayed in the digital display. It has 1-100 power level settings and the temperature can be taken up to 525 degree Fahrenheit. These wide range of temperatures allow to cook different kinds of dishes and this makes this product a favourite of many chefs. In addition it can remember its previous temperature setting which come in handy while using for commercial purposes.
Quality Product and Design
Unlike other burner cooktops the Vollrath Mirage pro 59500P is made of stainless steel keeping in mind the rough treatment it is going to get. The surface of the unit is made of 100% framed ceramic top which increases durability. Since the control panel is angled, if you use a big cookware it won’t touch the controls.
Features & Specifications:
View More Features of Vollrath Mirage Pro 59500P Induction Cooktop
- The weight of the unit is 13.64 Pounds.
- Uses 15 Ampere electric current.
- Induction type burner.
- The unit is compact in size and has an efficiency rating of 90%.
- The unit is equipped with a digital push button control panel. A bright LED is also present at the control panel.
- A convenient memory system available which saves the units prior temperature settings so that you don’t have to change the temperature setting if you use the same temperature setting at all times.
- The surface is constructed with 100% framed ceramic top. The body is made of stainless steel.
- The cookware placed on the ceramic top must be inductive in nature. That is, the base of the cookware used must be made up of ferrous materials, so that the electromagnetic rays from the induction coil inside the product can develop heat on the cookware. All cookwares with a base that sticks to a magnet are induction compatible cookwares.
- A knob control with digital readout to maintain power levels is present.
- 180 minute timer function available.
What Buyers Say
The Vollrath Mirage Pro 59500P has 40+ customer reviews on Amazon.com and also has an overall rating of 4.5 stars out of five. It is to be noted that out of the all the reviews 90% of the people gave this a 4+ star rating. Another nice feature buyers love is its fine control of temperature which gives more response compared to other cooktops. It has a smooth and flawless power control. This is suitable for your home kitchen as well as for light commercial uses including sauteing, stockpot warming etc.