The 670041900 Model by Fagor is one of the most powerful unit in the home purpose category, when comparing its economic price with other brands. With a whopping 1800 Watts, this cooktop can be used for all cooking purposes ranging from warming food, boiling water and as far as deep stir-frying. This model is also famous for its very high efficiency, where the manufacturers claim that out of 100, almost 90% of its power is utilized, whereas other cooking modes utilize a maximum of 50%. This is mostly achieved because of the heating up of the utensil bottom, throughout the entire diameter, thus saving energy, time, and money. The whole unit is absolutely risk free as there is no possibility of gas leak or open-fire flame.
This Pro model is very much handy for compact as well as modern kitchens because of its elegant and compact design. The high efficiency, low cost, ease to use, easy cleaning, and many more feature makes it just irresistible to buy.
CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
About the Product
The pro model looks absolutely stunning with a black cooktop surface, surrounded by a black and white rigid metallic frame. The cooktop surface contains ample space to place the cookware. On the front end, all the quick access touch controls are placed perfectly. The cooktop has most of its space reserved for placing the cooktop. This is depicted on the surface. The surface diameter is big enough to accommodate a 12” surface diameter pot. Though the surface diameter is ideal only for 10” cooktops, a 12” one can be placed because of the equal heat supply throughout the pot surface. The minimum pot surface diameter must not be less than 5 inches.
The easy touch controls include options like temperature, lock feature, timer setting, and 8 different modes of cooking. All you have to do is place the cookware on the surface, select the desired cooking mode, select the time to cook and wait for it!
- The unit has a total length of 15 inches, a width of 11.8 inches and a height of 2.3 inches. The dimensions reveal that the whole unit is not so big. The cooktop weighs only 5.9 pounds. This is light enough to carry it along with other luggage. The only extra component to carry along with this is the power cord. This portability feature is what makes induction cooking very much favorable than other cooking ways. In gas cooking, both the burner and the cylinder have to be carried.
- The unit has a voltage and power rating of 120 Volts/60 Hertz and 1800 Watts. This is the most powerful unit in this price segment.
- The surface of the cooktop has an outer layer of high quality glass ceramic material which gives the surface a clean look. It also helps the user in cleaning the surface easily after use. It is highly durable and can withstand heavy weights. The surface of the cooktop is guaranteed to remain cool even in between cooking. One reason for this is the glass layer, which is heat resistant. Another reason is that the electromagnetic waves that is responsible for providing the cooking temperature will only heat the cookware and not the surface.
- The digital LED display, shows the power in terms of Watt, temperature in terms of Fahrenheit, and time in terms of minutes.
- The temperature values range between 140 degrees to 465 degrees. There are 8 different levels of temperature. All these levels can either be increased or decreased using the “+/-” buttons or can be directly accessed by the easy buttons. Each temperature is meant for a specific cooking purpose. Similarly the power mode has 8 different levels with the maximum power of 1800 Watts. When a particular temperature mode is selected, its corresponding power mode is automatically selected. The different preset cooking modes and their corresponding temperature are listed below:
- Warming mode – 140F
- Simmering mode – 180F
- Boiling mode – 212F
- Rapid boiling mode – 260F
- Sauteing mode – 300F
- Browning mode – 360F
- Searing mode – 420F
- Stir-frying mode – 465F
View More Features of Fagor Induction Pro Cooktop
- The timer button provides a minimum time of 1 minute and a maximum time of 180 minutes. Out of this 180 minutes can be achieved only for warming, simmering, boiling and rapid boiling modes. The rest of the modes can have a maximum time of 60 minutes.
- Child lock button is provided to safeguard the unit from accidental changes in settings during cooking. Once the lock button is activated the unit will not respond to any changes in settings.
- Pan detection sensor is another feature that helps the unit in recognizing the presence of induction compatible cookware on the cooktop. The device automatically shutdown after waiting for 30 seconds if, either the cooktop has no cooking utensil, or if the cooking utensil kept is not building heat due to its poor induction compatibility. Either way, the device is safe from losing unnecessary power, and thus increases efficiency.
- As a machine, many errors are prone to happen during its use. These errors may happen due of various reasons like internal circuit error, overheating protection error, overvoltage or under voltage error, and also short-circuit errors. All these errors are listed in the manual.
The unit has a very good review in Amazon.com. All the users are very pleased by the cooking speed and the easy access temperature modes that are provided in the cooktop. Most users have mentioned the speedy cooking response time. The only complaint to be heard is in the type of cookware that is to be used. For effective cooking the whole cooking base must be magnetic in nature. Thus conventional cooking utensils made of copper, aluminium, and pottery cannot be used unless and until their base is made of magnetic materials. But since this is common for all induction cooktops, it cannot be seen as a drawback of this particular unit. If you have insufficient induction compatible cookwares, it is advisable to buy Fagor based cookwares along with the cooktop.
The Max Burton 6500 Model ProChef Induction Cooktop is mainly meant for commercial purposes. Max Burton has another model, that is used for commercial purposes, the Max Burton 6530 model ProChef induction cooktop. When comparing the 6530 model to the 6500 model, the former has a high power of 3000 Watts compared to the latter which can attain a maximum power of no more than 1800 Watts. Thus, the intermediate power levels have also been reduced. The 6500 model can be useful for making huge meals for catering purposes, or parties where food is to be made for large amount of people. The only difference is in the heating power, where slow cooking is possible in this model than the 6530 model. There will not be any kind of scorching. This unit is very safe to use, and hence is ideal for use in a dorm or assisted living facility as a main cooking appliance.
CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
Apart from this, there are other models of Max Burton which have the same power rating aof 1800 Watts. The difference is in the shape, size and base diameter, along with different control features. Some of these models are reviewed in detail for you to check out and select according to your wish. Some of them are the 6050 model, 6015 model (both of them come with an interface disk), 6400 Digital Choice, 6200 Deluxe and the Max Burton 6000 model.
About the Product
The Max Burton ProChef 6500 Model Induction cooktop has a rectangular top burner with pressing button controls placed on the front panel extension. The buttons include the ON/OFF switch, heating, temperature and timing function buttons, function lock button and the Up and Down arrow keys to change the values of each function. All the values will be displayed on the LED Display. The unit runs on 120 Volts-15 Amps with a frequency of 60 Hz. A power cord 6 ft long is provided with this unit. The product complies to ETL-US standards (UL Standard 197) and is NSF-4 approved. Only induction compatible cookwares can be used on the burner. any cookware bottom that is magnetic can be used on the cooktop. All types of utensils can be used if an induction interface disk is also bought along with this model. If so, utensils made of copper, aluminium and non-magnetic stainless steel can also be used. This will also eliminate the need to replace existing cookware. The operating efficiency will solely depend on the type of cookware used, size and efficiency of the heat transfer. Since the cooktop is made of glass, it is very easy to clean after use.
View More Features of Max Burton 6500 ProChef Induction Cooktop
- The 6500 model Max Burton Induction Cooktop has a dimension of 17.3 x 13.3 x 4.8 inches and weighs 11 pounds. The glass cooktop has a dimension of 11 x 11 inches.
- The cooktop is made from high quality materials and has complied with all the specifications needed for electronic cooking appliances.
- The front panel consists of the heating button which is used to control the output power. The minimum power setting is 500 Watts and the maximum is 1800 Watts. There are 7 intermediate levels.
- The temperature range is between 100 degrees Fahrenheit and 464 degrees. There are 10 intermediate temperature settings.
- The timer button is provided to cook dishes in a desired time. By pressing the timer button it can be activated. The up and down arrows can be used to increase and decrease the timing. From 0 to 30 an interval of 1 minute if provided. From 30 to 170 minutes an interval of 10 minutes is provided. The maximum time setting is 170 minutes. This mode can be used even when either of the heating and temperature modes are on. The timer mode can also be used to turn off the cooktop while switching back and forth between the other two modes.
- An additional function lock button is also available with this unit. This button helps in stopping accidental changes in temperature or heating power values. By a long press on the button, you can also avoid the unit from being accidentally turning off between cooking.
- The Max Burton 6500 Model ProChef cooktop is equipped with an improper voltage supply detection. The unit detects an increase or decrease in the supply voltage and automatically shuts down the device to prevent more problems. an overheat sensor is also provided to shutdown the device due to excessive surface temperature due to improper cooking methods.
The customer reviews suggest that the cooktop can handle fast heating precisely at high temperatures and high power. At the same time, slow cooking is also possible at low temperatures, and no type of scorching will ever occur at low powers. Since the heating burner is 11 x 11 inches of dimension, a maximum of 12 gallon pot can be easily used to cook food. The affordability, and ease to cook are also mentioned in reviews.
When it comes to commercial cooking, the basic mode of cooking that comes to our mind are electrical and gas types. The time these devices take for installing and the difficulty in transportation should also be considered when choosing such a task. This is where, induction cooktops come to use. Until recently, most people saw induction cooktops as a basic unit for heating refrigerated foods, and making an average sized dish for nuclear families. Those times have changed. Now induction cookers can be used to place huge cookwares that can make food for a whole party. Such units are now being used for commercial purposes like parties, buffets, restaurants, canteens and so on. With these points in mind, we present to you one of the best commercial induction cooktop available in the market today: the Max Burton 6530 model ProChef 3000 Watts commercial induction cooktop. This powerful device is stuffed with a lot of features that will definitely make you say goodbye to all other conventional ways of cooking.
CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
About the Product
The 6530 model contains of a top burner portion and a front extension consisting of all the buttons needed to operate the induction cooktop. The buttons include the ON/OFF power switch, along with the very essential three buttons that control the cooking details of the user – the timer, temperature and heating. All these parameter values can be changed using the UP and DOWN arrows. All the values will be displayed in the LED display. Apart from this a LOCK button is also provided. The device works in the standard electrical rating of 220 volts, 15 Amps, and 60 Hertz frequency. The power cord has a total length of 5 feet. The product is built for North American electrical standards. Due to its sleek shape, the cooktop is easy to clean and reuse soon. When compared to other conventional methods of cooking, the overall size of the induction cooktop is very small and thus is very much portable. The burner is only susceptible to heating “induction compatible cookwares”, that is if the utensil is magnetized by the burner top, that cookware can be used. Any kind of utensil, whose bottom that sticks to a magnet can be used. In this case, metal utensils, except for copper clad and stainless steel ones. Mostly used utensils are iron/steel frying pan, iron pot, iron tray, iron enamelware and so on. Please do not use cookwares with a bottom diameter less than 4 inches. The device can be powered up to 3000 Watts.
View More Features of Max Burton 6530 ProChef Induction Cooktop
- The Max Burton 6530 model 3000 Watts Commercial Induction Cooktop has a weight of 11 pounds and has a physical dimension of 17.3 x 13.3 x 4.8 inches. The whole cooktop body is made up of stainless steel along with durable commercial grade materials.
- The company specification regarding the cookware dimension is 10″. That is, the base of the utensil used must not have a dimension more than 10″. This diameter is encircled in white on the surface of the cooktop surface.
- This model has 13 power levels from a minimum of 500 Watts to a maximum of 3000 Watts. This can be changed by pressing the “Heating” button and then changing the watts using the up and down arrow keys. The default reading will be 1200 Watts.
- Cooking can be done at a desired temperature by selecting the temperature mode. There are 10 different temperature levels starting from 150 degrees Fahrenheit to 464 degrees. The default setting of temperature is 210 degrees. The user can switch between heating and temperature modes any time between operation. Both the heating and temperature modes work independently. The previous setting will be maintained by the cooktop while switching between both modes.
- By pressing the TIMER button on the induction cookware, a red light indicator will turn on at both the places where timer is written on the panel. The timer can be incremented in 1 minute intervals between 0 to 30 and 10 minute increments between 30 to 170. The increments and decrements can be made using the up and down arrow keys. The timer mode can be used in both heating and temperature modes to turn off the cooktop while switching back and forth between modes.
- A function lock button is also provided in the 6350 ProChef model to avoid changes in the temperature or heating settings by accident. It is also provided to avoid turning off the device accidentally during use. All you have to do is press the lock button for 2 seconds. To unlock, turn off and then turn on the device.
- The device is also equipped with overheat sensor and automatic shut-off capability. If an excessive surface temperature is detected by the sensor, the device will automatically shut down to prevent further hazards. This is mainly caused by improper cooking styles or cookware malfunctions. If the input power is too high or too low, the device tends to shut off within 1 minute.
A review says that cooking/boiling is done quickly using the 6530 ProChef model. The review also says that this induction cooktop is worth its price, and is easy to clean. But the cons include the comparison of this model to a gas stove. The slow cooking in gas stove is not the same, when using this cooktop. Without regular stirring most food items tend to scorch a little bit, even at minimum temperatures. A positive suggested that a 12 gallon pot can be easily used for cooking. To conclude, this is the best induction cooktop in its category and is definitely worth the price.