We are introducing the NuWave Precision Cooktop, Model NUWV1000, with a 14.5” cookware base and a hard anodized 9” fry pan that comes along with it. NuWave, the manufacturers of this product claim that this is one of their most efficient cooktops. Thus, the performance is almost 70% more than other conventional induction cooktops. The hard anodized 9” fry pan is ideal for cooking a basic omelet to an deep asian stir-fry and even more.CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
Nuwave has other cooktops models that have good customer reviews. We have reviewed some of them like the PIC2 with Grill Model, 30101 Model, Titanium Model, PIC Pro Model, and the original Precision Induction Cooktop model. A double burner model of Nuwave, the 30602 Double Precision Model (Double Burner) is also specified in case you need an additional burner.
About the Product
This round shaped cooktop has all the controls and displays in the front. Though the whole cooktop surface is 14.5” the cooking zone is only 12”, and this is marked by two white circles on the surface. This also means that the utensil that is kept on top of the cooktop can have a maximum diameter of 12”. Though, in some cases, bigger pans can be kept on top, as the heat on the utensil is evenly distributed throughout the surface. This product has a wattage of 1800 Watts, which is more than enough to cook heavy meals for many. All the control buttons are placed on the front bulge. These buttons include the start button, pause/clear button, and the program and time buttons, and a display where all the values can be seen. On the sides of the display are the plus and minus buttons, which are used to vary the temperature and timing settings. There are 6 different temperature levels that are provided as buttons on the cooktop. This feature is only seen in NuWave models. The fry pan also has a guarantee of 1 year.
- This model has an outer dimension of 14.4 x 15.9 x 6.3 inches and weighs up to 8.9 pounds. The small size and light weight makes it apt for carrying it around for small functions and outdoor activities. It can also be placed in your living room for heating up pre-cooked food.
- The cooktop is easy to clean. A you need to do is run a wet or damp towel across the surface. Since the cooktop has a glass coating, it will have a new look as soon as you clean it.
- The device is equipped with 52 different temperature settings starting from 100 degrees Fahrenheit to 575 degrees Fahrenheit. All these temperature ranges come with a 10 degree difference. Out of these, 6 different temperatures are provided as default buttons. This helps the user to select the desired temperature with ease. The different buttons with their specified temperature are given below:
>The Low Temperature Button is used for a temperature of 100 F. At this temperature you can warm all kinds of food.
>The Medium-Low Temperature Button can be used to attain a temperature of 175 F. This temperature is perfect for simmering food.
>The Medium Temperature Button can heat the food at a temperature of 275 F. At this temperature, the food can be easily steamed.
>At Medium-High Temperature, the induction cooktop rises the temperature to 375 F. This temperature is at for deep frying. (Used for deep frying)
>The High Temperature Button is used for saute purposes, and attains a temperature of 425 F.
>The Max/Sear Temperature Button brings the maximum temperature for the cooktop (575 F). At this temperature all the searing works can be easily done.
The temperature can be read in both celsius and Fahrenheit.
- The time for cooking can be set by selecting the time mode and changing the values using the plus/minus button. By default, when turning on the device, the reading will be 425 degrees Fahrenheit with a cooking time of 1 hour. This can be changed according to the food that is cooked. The minimum time for cooking is 1 minute, and the maximum is 100 hours.
- The induction cooktop is equipped with automatic shut-off feature that prevents spills and prolonged use of the device. If the cooktop is pressed on without putting a cookware on top, or if a cookware is removed in between cooking, the device senses this absence after a few minutes, and automatically shuts the device off. The device also senses if whether an induction compatible cookware is kept for cooking. If not, it shuts down automatically.
- The device is also equipped with 100 hours of program memory. Thus, if a previously cooked time and temperature setting is 40 minutes and 150 degrees F, the same setting can be made to appear for the next cooking as well.
- The device is equipped with another feature called delay function, that helps to delay the cooling by setting the program button. Other emergency functions like overheating protection, and undervoltage/overvoltage protection is provided in this cooktop. When there is a spike in voltage, or the voltage is too less for the device to work properly, the device automatically shifts mode and stops cooking.All these modes are represented by different signs which appear on the display screen once they are activated.
Excellent reviews are written by the buyers, among which most of them have mentioned about the speed in cooking, and its responsiveness. The fry pan is also said to have good quality. One major problem that one of the users mentioned is the short power cord that comes along` with the cooktop. Another problem is that the device makes an unusually loud noise while cooking. But, some other reviews suggest otherwise. Altogether, this is one cooktop that is fast, lightweight, and portable.