When it comes to commercial cooking, the basic mode of cooking that comes to our mind are electrical and gas types. The time these devices take for installing and the difficulty in transportation should also be considered when choosing such a task. This is where, induction cooktops come to use. Until recently, most people saw induction cooktops as a basic unit for heating refrigerated foods, and making an average sized dish for nuclear families. Those times have changed. Now induction cookers can be used to place huge cookwares that can make food for a whole party. Such units are now being used for commercial purposes like parties, buffets, restaurants, canteens and so on. With these points in mind, we present to you one of the best commercial induction cooktop available in the market today: the Max Burton 6530 model ProChef 3000 Watts commercial induction cooktop. This powerful device is stuffed with a lot of features that will definitely make you say goodbye to all other conventional ways of cooking.
About the Product
The 6530 model contains of a top burner portion and a front extension consisting of all the buttons needed to operate the induction cooktop. The buttons include the ON/OFF power switch, along with the very essential three buttons that control the cooking details of the user – the timer, temperature and heating. All these parameter values can be changed using the UP and DOWN arrows. All the values will be displayed in the LED display. Apart from this a LOCK button is also provided. The device works in the standard electrical rating of 220 volts, 15 Amps, and 60 Hertz frequency. The power cord has a total length of 5 feet. The product is built for North American electrical standards. Due to its sleek shape, the cooktop is easy to clean and reuse soon. When compared to other conventional methods of cooking, the overall size of the induction cooktop is very small and thus is very much portable. The burner is only susceptible to heating “induction compatible cookwares”, that is if the utensil is magnetized by the burner top, that cookware can be used. Any kind of utensil, whose bottom that sticks to a magnet can be used. In this case, metal utensils, except for copper clad and stainless steel ones. Mostly used utensils are iron/steel frying pan, iron pot, iron tray, iron enamelware and so on. Please do not use cookwares with a bottom diameter less than 4 inches. The device can be powered up to 3000 Watts.
- The Max Burton 6530 model 3000 Watts Commercial Induction Cooktop has a weight of 11 pounds and has a physical dimension of 17.3 x 13.3 x 4.8 inches. The whole cooktop body is made up of stainless steel along with durable commercial grade materials.
- The company specification regarding the cookware dimension is 10″. That is, the base of the utensil used must not have a dimension more than 10″. This diameter is encircled in white on the surface of the cooktop surface.
- This model has 13 power levels from a minimum of 500 Watts to a maximum of 3000 Watts. This can be changed by pressing the “Heating” button and then changing the watts using the up and down arrow keys. The default reading will be 1200 Watts.
- Cooking can be done at a desired temperature by selecting the temperature mode. There are 10 different temperature levels starting from 150 degrees Fahrenheit to 464 degrees. The default setting of temperature is 210 degrees. The user can switch between heating and temperature modes any time between operation. Both the heating and temperature modes work independently. The previous setting will be maintained by the cooktop while switching between both modes.
- By pressing the TIMER button on the induction cookware, a red light indicator will turn on at both the places where timer is written on the panel. The timer can be incremented in 1 minute intervals between 0 to 30 and 10 minute increments between 30 to 170. The increments and decrements can be made using the up and down arrow keys. The timer mode can be used in both heating and temperature modes to turn off the cooktop while switching back and forth between modes.
- A function lock button is also provided in the 6350 ProChef model to avoid changes in the temperature or heating settings by accident. It is also provided to avoid turning off the device accidentally during use. All you have to do is press the lock button for 2 seconds. To unlock, turn off and then turn on the device.
- The device is also equipped with overheat sensor and automatic shut-off capability. If an excessive surface temperature is detected by the sensor, the device will automatically shut down to prevent further hazards. This is mainly caused by improper cooking styles or cookware malfunctions. If the input power is too high or too low, the device tends to shut off within 1 minute.
A review says that cooking/boiling is done quickly using the 6530 ProChef model. The review also says that this induction cooktop is worth its price, and is easy to clean. But the cons include the comparison of this model to a gas stove. The slow cooking in gas stove is not the same, when using this cooktop. Without regular stirring most food items tend to scorch a little bit, even at minimum temperatures. A positive suggested that a 12 gallon pot can be easily used for cooking. To conclude, this is the best induction cooktop in its category and is definitely worth the price.