The Max Burton 6500 Model ProChef Induction Cooktop is mainly meant for commercial purposes. Max Burton has another model, that is used for commercial purposes, the Max Burton 6530 model ProChef induction cooktop. When comparing the 6530 model to the 6500 model, the former has a high power of 3000 Watts compared to the latter which can attain a maximum power of no more than 1800 Watts. Thus, the intermediate power levels have also been reduced. The 6500 model can be useful for making huge meals for catering purposes, or parties where food is to be made for large amount of people. The only difference is in the heating power, where slow cooking is possible in this model than the 6530 model. There will not be any kind of scorching. This unit is very safe to use, and hence is ideal for use in a dorm or assisted living facility as a main cooking appliance.
Apart from this, there are other models of Max Burton which have the same power rating aof 1800 Watts. The difference is in the shape, size and base diameter, along with different control features. Some of these models are reviewed in detail for you to check out and select according to your wish. Some of them are the 6050 model, 6015 model (both of them come with an interface disk), 6400 Digital Choice, 6200 Deluxe and the Max Burton 6000 model.
About the Product
The Max Burton ProChef 6500 Model Induction cooktop has a rectangular top burner with pressing button controls placed on the front panel extension. The buttons include the ON/OFF switch, heating, temperature and timing function buttons, function lock button and the Up and Down arrow keys to change the values of each function. All the values will be displayed on the LED Display. The unit runs on 120 Volts-15 Amps with a frequency of 60 Hz. A power cord 6 ft long is provided with this unit. The product complies to ETL-US standards (UL Standard 197) and is NSF-4 approved. Only induction compatible cookwares can be used on the burner. any cookware bottom that is magnetic can be used on the cooktop. All types of utensils can be used if an induction interface disk is also bought along with this model. If so, utensils made of copper, aluminium and non-magnetic stainless steel can also be used. This will also eliminate the need to replace existing cookware. The operating efficiency will solely depend on the type of cookware used, size and efficiency of the heat transfer. Since the cooktop is made of glass, it is very easy to clean after use.
- The 6500 model Max Burton Induction Cooktop has a dimension of 17.3 x 13.3 x 4.8 inches and weighs 11 pounds. The glass cooktop has a dimension of 11 x 11 inches.
- The cooktop is made from high quality materials and has complied with all the specifications needed for electronic cooking appliances.
- The front panel consists of the heating button which is used to control the output power. The minimum power setting is 500 Watts and the maximum is 1800 Watts. There are 7 intermediate levels.
- The temperature range is between 100 degrees Fahrenheit and 464 degrees. There are 10 intermediate temperature settings.
- The timer button is provided to cook dishes in a desired time. By pressing the timer button it can be activated. The up and down arrows can be used to increase and decrease the timing. From 0 to 30 an interval of 1 minute if provided. From 30 to 170 minutes an interval of 10 minutes is provided. The maximum time setting is 170 minutes. This mode can be used even when either of the heating and temperature modes are on. The timer mode can also be used to turn off the cooktop while switching back and forth between the other two modes.
- An additional function lock button is also available with this unit. This button helps in stopping accidental changes in temperature or heating power values. By a long press on the button, you can also avoid the unit from being accidentally turning off between cooking.
- The Max Burton 6500 Model ProChef cooktop is equipped with an improper voltage supply detection. The unit detects an increase or decrease in the supply voltage and automatically shuts down the device to prevent more problems. an overheat sensor is also provided to shutdown the device due to excessive surface temperature due to improper cooking methods.
The customer reviews suggest that the cooktop can handle fast heating precisely at high temperatures and high power. At the same time, slow cooking is also possible at low temperatures, and no type of scorching will ever occur at low powers. Since the heating burner is 11 x 11 inches of dimension, a maximum of 12 gallon pot can be easily used to cook food. The affordability, and ease to cook are also mentioned in reviews.