The 670041900 Model by Fagor is one of the most powerful unit in the home purpose category, when comparing its economic price with other brands. With a whopping 1800 Watts, this cooktop can be used for all cooking purposes ranging from warming food, boiling water and as far as deep stir-frying. This model is also famous for its very high efficiency, where the manufacturers claim that out of 100, almost 90% of its power is utilized, whereas other cooking modes utilize a maximum of 50%. This is mostly achieved because of the heating up of the utensil bottom, throughout the entire diameter, thus saving energy, time, and money. The whole unit is absolutely risk free as there is no possibility of gas leak or open-fire flame.
This Pro model is very much handy for compact as well as modern kitchens because of its elegant and compact design. The high efficiency, low cost, ease to use, easy cleaning, and many more feature makes it just irresistible to buy.CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
About the Product
The pro model looks absolutely stunning with a black cooktop surface, surrounded by a black and white rigid metallic frame. The cooktop surface contains ample space to place the cookware. On the front end, all the quick access touch controls are placed perfectly. The cooktop has most of its space reserved for placing the cooktop. This is depicted on the surface. The surface diameter is big enough to accommodate a 12” surface diameter pot. Though the surface diameter is ideal only for 10” cooktops, a 12” one can be placed because of the equal heat supply throughout the pot surface. The minimum pot surface diameter must not be less than 5 inches.
The easy touch controls include options like temperature, lock feature, timer setting, and 8 different modes of cooking. All you have to do is place the cookware on the surface, select the desired cooking mode, select the time to cook and wait for it!
- The unit has a total length of 15 inches, a width of 11.8 inches and a height of 2.3 inches. The dimensions reveal that the whole unit is not so big. The cooktop weighs only 5.9 pounds. This is light enough to carry it along with other luggage. The only extra component to carry along with this is the power cord. This portability feature is what makes induction cooking very much favorable than other cooking ways. In gas cooking, both the burner and the cylinder have to be carried.
- The unit has a voltage and power rating of 120 Volts/60 Hertz and 1800 Watts. This is the most powerful unit in this price segment.
- The surface of the cooktop has an outer layer of high quality glass ceramic material which gives the surface a clean look. It also helps the user in cleaning the surface easily after use. It is highly durable and can withstand heavy weights. The surface of the cooktop is guaranteed to remain cool even in between cooking. One reason for this is the glass layer, which is heat resistant. Another reason is that the electromagnetic waves that is responsible for providing the cooking temperature will only heat the cookware and not the surface.
- The digital LED display, shows the power in terms of Watt, temperature in terms of Fahrenheit, and time in terms of minutes.
- The temperature values range between 140 degrees to 465 degrees. There are 8 different levels of temperature. All these levels can either be increased or decreased using the “+/-” buttons or can be directly accessed by the easy buttons. Each temperature is meant for a specific cooking purpose. Similarly the power mode has 8 different levels with the maximum power of 1800 Watts. When a particular temperature mode is selected, its corresponding power mode is automatically selected. The different preset cooking modes and their corresponding temperature are listed below:
- Warming mode – 140F
- Simmering mode – 180F
- Boiling mode – 212F
- Rapid boiling mode – 260F
- Sauteing mode – 300F
- Browning mode – 360F
- Searing mode – 420F
- Stir-frying mode – 465F
- The timer button provides a minimum time of 1 minute and a maximum time of 180 minutes. Out of this 180 minutes can be achieved only for warming, simmering, boiling and rapid boiling modes. The rest of the modes can have a maximum time of 60 minutes.
- Child lock button is provided to safeguard the unit from accidental changes in settings during cooking. Once the lock button is activated the unit will not respond to any changes in settings.
- Pan detection sensor is another feature that helps the unit in recognizing the presence of induction compatible cookware on the cooktop. The device automatically shutdown after waiting for 30 seconds if, either the cooktop has no cooking utensil, or if the cooking utensil kept is not building heat due to its poor induction compatibility. Either way, the device is safe from losing unnecessary power, and thus increases efficiency.
- As a machine, many errors are prone to happen during its use. These errors may happen due of various reasons like internal circuit error, overheating protection error, overvoltage or under voltage error, and also short-circuit errors. All these errors are listed in the manual.
The unit has a very good review in Amazon.com. All the users are very pleased by the cooking speed and the easy access temperature modes that are provided in the cooktop. Most users have mentioned the speedy cooking response time. The only complaint to be heard is in the type of cookware that is to be used. For effective cooking the whole cooking base must be magnetic in nature. Thus conventional cooking utensils made of copper, aluminium, and pottery cannot be used unless and until their base is made of magnetic materials. But since this is common for all induction cooktops, it cannot be seen as a drawback of this particular unit. If you have insufficient induction compatible cookwares, it is advisable to buy Fagor based cookwares along with the cooktop.