The Electrolux Frigidaire FGIC13P3KS model portable induction cooktop is definitely the product you need to buy if you are looking for a cooktop with efficiency, quality, and ease to use. With this unit in hand, your cooking experience will be more fun and simple. The manufacturer, AB Electrolux, is known for committing their work in making high quality cooking appliances all over the world.CHECK TODAY’S DEAL @AMAZON
About the Product
- This black colored beauty has a total weightage of 10.1 pounds and has a product dimension of 12.8 x 15 x 3 inches. Being lightweight, this cooktop is easily portable and can be used for all home purposes in RV’s and for small parties as well. It’s compact design does not take much space as well.
- The product has a cookware diameter of 9″ which is pretty standard for all home used induction cooktops. Usually, the standard rating implies that cooktops with diameters above 9″ cannot be used. But for a flat surfaced cooktop, pans with diameters up to 11″ can be used, since the heat produced is distributed equally among the surface. The place where the cookware is to be kept is marked by a white circle. Only induction compatible cookwares, that is, utensils that have their base made up of ferrous materials can be used for cooking.
- The controls are all touch sensitive and are placed on the front part of the unit for easy access. The surface of the stove is made of a non-porous material called vito ceramic glass that leaves no kind of marks on the surface. The glass ceramic finish on the surface also enables you to clean the cooktop with ease and speed. The controls include the power on/off button, the power control, timer control, and the up and down control.
- The power levels can be set on 6 different ratings and are changed using the low and up controls. The timer can also be used to set the time for cooking food. This will help you to rest in between as you need not worry about the food being overcooked. The maximum power output is 1300 Watts.
- A hot surface indicator feature is inbuilt with this product. This feature warns the user if the cooktop surface is hot so that the surface is not touched before it is cooled down.
- The different temperatures can enable cooking in all modes- boiling, heating, frying, deep fry and so on. There’s no smoking or oil burning the food when set on lower heat levels.
- An automatic shutdown feature is also provided in this unit which automatically turns the cooktop off when the timer period is over. Thus no power is wasted by leaving the device plugged on. E customer is
- A control lock function is also provided which prevents the controls from being accidentally turned on or having the values changed between cooking.
Most customers boast about the safety this unit provides, and the speed in heating. One major setback, according to one customer is the lesser number of settings this unit has, for this price. Also, the wattage ratings is also a little low, compared to the price.