We always prefer natural homemade healthy cooked food than fast food takeaways, which causes more harm to our body rather than providing nutrition. But due to our busy and hectic working lifestyle, we find it almost impossible to cook food for our spouse and siblings. Cooking food using conventional methods like cooking gas takes more time for cooking as well as cleaning up. It is also less energy efficient and makes you spend more money. This is where an Induction Cooktop comes to use. For the conventional method, you will need to buy cooking gas, whenever it is over. But for an induction cooktop, you do not need any kind of fuel as it always runs on electricity.
There are many companies providing high end induction cooktops with even double burners and lot of other functions. But for home cooking, a simple yet fully functional induction cooktop with an affordable price is what you need. Thus, we present you one of the best products by Secura Inc., the Duxtop 8300ST – 1800-Watt Portable Sensor Touch Panel Induction Cooktop with Countertop Burner. This model – 8300ST – is the only Duxtop induction cooktop with Child Safety Lock feature.
Note:- We have created a dedicated article reviewing the best of Duxtop Induction Cooktop models available. The review ranks all the 5 Duxtop induction cooktop models in order by handpicking the best selling models with good features and price range.
About the Product
The 8300ST model induction cooktop is flat shaped with quite a large area to keep your cooking utensil, and one end of the cooktop is reserved for the touch sensing control keys. The The control keys include the function key for selecting the temperature mode, timer mode, and power mode. Once each mode is selected, their values can be increased or decreased to the user’s desire by either pressing the ‘+’ sign or the ‘-’ sign. All the values will be displayed on the LED display situated in between the control switches. A lock button is also provided to lock all the controls from being touched or changed by accident. All the touch controls are designed to be extremely sensitive, and thus a small touch will be more than enough to activate any controls. This model is provided with a 6 feet long power code, which is quite long enough to move your cooktop around. The specifications of the device are 120 Volts / 15 Amps / 60 Hertz AC and is built on North American Electrical Standards. It has a warranty of 1 year and is ETL approved.
- The 8300ST model DUXTOP Induction cooktop has a product dimension of 14 x 12 x 2.6 inches with a shipping weight of 7.6 pounds from Amazon. Comparing its weight and dimensions to other models, the 8300ST is easy to carry around while travelling.
- The digital timer which is selected using the Function sensor button can be increased with an interval of 1 minute starting from 1 minute to 170 minutes. That is, you can easily cook something heavy for a maximum time of 2.8 hours.
- The power mode in the functions control key can be selected with almost 10 different power levels varying from a minimum of 200 Watts to a maximum of 1800 Watts. 1800 Watts is supposedly very high. Usually most cooking plans does not need more than 1200 Watts.
- The temperature mode can also be changed from 140 degrees Fahrenheit to 460 degrees Fahrenheit with 10 different intermediate levels.
- Child Safety Lock – The lock button is mainly intended to keep children from accidentally turning on the device when no one is around. By pressing the lock button continuously for 3 seconds, the mode is activated and all the other keys will be locked down. It can be deactivated by again pressing the same key for 3 seconds.
- This model is built with the Auto-pan detection system which automatically shuts down the cooktop if if no cookware is detected on it for more than 60 seconds. This makes the Induction cooktop highly efficient as you can save a lot of power even if you carelessly keep it on.
- The cooktop sends out a warning signal if an excessive voltage or a low voltage than its specified rating is passed through it. This helps in protecting the device from sudden voltage hikes.
- If the device itself becomes faulty, an error signal will be provided by the induction cooktop to show that something is wrong with it. This is called the diagnostic error message system.
- Any kind of cooking ware can be used to cook on top of the DUXTOP countertop burner 8300ST. This includes stainless steel cookwares, utensils with a magnetic bottom, cast enameled iron and steel cookwares and so on.
All the reviews about the 8300ST model are positive. Most of them have mentioned the ease in using this model with the smart and sensitive touch controls. Fast boiling of water, and the heat performance of the device is highly praised. Other reviews suggest that the cooktop is very less power consuming. All of them find this model, 8300ST an asset worth buying.