Introducing one of the most basic cooktops from Secura Inc., the Duxtop 1300 Watts Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner 7100MC model. Compared to other DUXTOP models like 8300ST, 8100MC, and 9100MC this is the one with the least power specification. But, for normal homely cooking purposes this model is more than enough. Please note that this model is only suitable for home cooking and will not be sufficient enough for commercial purposes. The detailed review including its details and features are given below.
Note:- We have ranked the best Duxtop Induction Cooktop models based on features, pricing, design and a lot other important criteria. We have identified 5 best Duxtop cooktop models and reviewed them in order. This article will help any consumer looking specifically for Duxtop brand.
About the Product
The induction cooktop is rectangular in shape with a separate panel on one to provide the control buttons. The buttons include the function button, the UP and DOWN button, and the ON/OFF button. The function button is used to change the controls between the timer, temperature and power. When either of these functions are selected, their values are changes according to the user’s desire by pressing the UP and DOWN key. The values selected or changed will be displayed accordingly on the LED display, provided in the middle of the panel. Unlike other models of DUXTOP, this base model does not have sensitive switches, but have buttons which have to be pressed instead of just touching. Though this may feel like a disadvantage it is only a matter of using it quite a few times and getting used to the product. Then you will not mind the difference. Another major disadvantage is that there is no child lock safety button provided for this model. Such a lock button would have helped children from accidentally turning on the device. The induction cooktop runs on 120V / 15 Amps / 60 Hertz AC, which is the standard specification for all homes. A power cord 6 feet of length is provided with the cooktop so that you can place it a little more farther from the switch if you want. All international standards have been obeyed and has been accredited with the North American Electrical Standards. This model is also ETL approved and has a warranty of one year, in case of any repair or replacement.
- The induction cooktop has an overall dimension with width of 11 inches, depth of 13 inches, and a height of 2 inches. This makes the product compact and lightweight, so that it can be portable.
- The 7100MC model is equipped with a built-in countdown digital timer with 5 minutes increments up to 170 minutes. This long time cooking facility makes the cooktop apt for cooking heavy and complex dishes for a huge family.
- The function key can also be pressed to attain the power mode, where the power can be increased or decreased between the range of 200 Watts to 1300 Watts. There are 10 different power levels in between
- 10 ranges of temperatures can be adjusted by selecting the temperature mode on the function key. The range starts from 140 degrees Fahrenheit to a maximum of 460 degrees.
- The device is equipped with auto-pan detection system , which helps the consumer to save electricity, even if he accidentally turns the device on while not cooking. The device automatically shuts down when the induction cooktop is kept running for more than a minute without any kind of cooking utensil on top.
- This model is compatible with all kinds of cooking utensils made from materials like cast iron, stainless steel cookwares with magnetic bottom, enamelled iron and steel cookwares, and also DUXTOP based whole clad premium cookwares.
Most of the customer reviews suggest that for $50, the 7100MC model is very much affordable and cheap. Another review suggests that the change in the induction and thus the heat on the cookware is almost instant like a gas stove, when the temperature or the power is changed. The review also says that there is an advantage of safety in handling the cookware as the heat is only concentrated on the bottom of the pan where the cookware touches the cooktop. Overall, buying this model seems like a good idea when it comes to choosing a cheap, small family cooktop with most essential features a induction stove should have.